Brown corundum, also known as brown fused alumina, is a widely used industrial abrasive and refractory material. It is primarily produced by smelting alumina and carbon (anthracite coal) in an electric arc furnace at high temperatures. Brown corundum is known for its excellent grinding properties and is suitable for grinding high-tensile metals such as various steel types, malleable cast iron, and hard bronze. It is also used in the manufacturing of advanced refractory materials.
The main component of brown corundum is aluminum oxide, and its quality is often determined by the aluminum content. A lower aluminum content indicates lower hardness. The product is manufactured by international and national standards for particle size and can be processed to meet specific customer requirements. The common particle size ranges from F4 to F320, and the chemical composition varies with the particle size. Notably, brown corundum has a small crystal size and high resistance to impact due to the self-grinding and crushing process, resulting in spherical particles with a clean and dry surface, making it easy to bind with binders.
Brown corundum is often referred to as the "industrial teeth" and finds applications in various fields, including refractory materials, grinding wheels, and sandblasting. Let's explore its diverse uses:
1. Sandblasting Abrasives: Brown corundum is an ideal "environmentally friendly" sandblasting material. It has moderate hardness, high bulk density, no free silica, high specific gravity, and excellent toughness. It is widely used in industries such as aluminum profiles, copper profiles, glass, and precision molds.
2. Free Grinding: It is a grinding-grade abrasive used in the fields of cathode-ray tubes, optical glass, monocrystalline silicon, lenses, glass for clocks, crystal glass, and jade. It is a widely adopted advanced grinding material in China.
3. Resin Bonded Abrasives: Brown corundum abrasives are used in resin-bonded grinding tools. They have suitable color, good hardness, toughness, appropriate particle morphology, and edge retention, making them ideal for resin-bonded abrasives with excellent performance.
4. Coated Abrasives: Brown corundum is a raw material for the production of abrasives such as sandpaper and cloth.
5. Functional Filler: Brown corundum is used as a functional filler in various applications, including automotive brake parts, special tires, and special construction products. It can be used as a wear-resistant material for building highways, airport runways, docks, parking lots, industrial floors, and sports fields.
6. Filter Media: Brown corundum is a new application area for abrasives. It is used as a granular abrasive filter bed medium for purifying drinking water or wastewater. It is a new type of water filtration material used in non-ferrous metal beneficiation and oil drilling mud additives.
7. Abrasive water jet Cutting: Brown corundum serves as a cutting medium in high-pressure water jet cutting, providing a new, environmentally friendly, and safe cutting method for petroleum (natural gas) pipelines, steel components, and other materials.
Brown corundum is a reliable and stable product with excellent quality and convenient usability. It finds applications in various industries such as ceramics, resin-bonded grinding tools, sandpaper, sand cloth, crystal glass, construction flooring, steel industry, hardware industry, electronics industry, automobile manufacturing, coastal docks, parking lots, hospitals, and sports stadiums. It meets the needs of different users for flooring aggregates and abrasives.
The unique properties of brown corundum, including high-temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, and high strength, make it suitable for various Brown corundum, also known as brown fused alumina, which is a highly versatile abrasive material widely used in various industries. It is primarily produced by smelting aluminum oxide and carbon in an electric arc furnace at high temperatures. The resulting brown corundum can be used to grind metals with high tensile strength, such as general-purpose steel, malleable cast iron, and hard bronze. It is also employed in the manufacturing of advanced refractory materials.
The main component of brown corundum is aluminum oxide, and its quality is determined by the aluminum content. The lower the aluminum content, the lower the hardness. The product granularity is produced according to international and national standards, and it can be processed to meet specific customer requirements. The commonly used granularity ranges from F4 to F320, and the chemical composition varies depending on the particle size. One prominent feature of brown corundum is its small crystal size and high resistance to impact. The particles are mostly spherical, with a clean and dry surface, making it easy to bind with binders.
Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pad for Angle Grinder
Providing product information on Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pad for Angle Grinder, Kamel Abrasives is a professional manufacturer and exporter of Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pads for Angle Grinder products.