Understanding Coated Abrasives: The Key to Improving Machining Efficiency
Release Date：2023-06-30 10:55
Coated abrasives play a crucial role in various industries, providing efficient and precise grinding and polishing solutions. These abrasive products consist of a backing material coated with abrasive grains and bonded with a resin or adhesive. In this article, we will explore the different types and applications of coated abrasives, their components, and their classification in the industry.
I. Primary Applications:
1. Surface Polishing of Large Flat Materials:
Coated abrasives are commonly used for the surface polishing of materials such as plywood, stainless steel sheets, leather, plastic sheets, and rubber sheets.
2. Work-piece Polishing:
They are also employed for polishing workpieces in industries such as printing, circuit board manufacturing, silicon steel production, disk manufacturing, automotive glass production, and woodworking.
3. Polishing and Maintenance of Metal Strips:
Coated abrasives are used for polishing and repairing metal strip materials, including metal strip steel and cold-rolled stainless steel sheets.
4. Shaping and Polishing of Complex Surfaces:
These abrasives are suitable for shaping and polishing workpieces with intricate surface profiles and contours.
II. Components of Coated Abrasives:
Coated abrasives consist of three main components:
4. Classification Based on Abrasive Grain Density:
- Abrasive Grain Density: Abrasive Name: Code.
- 50-70% Open Density: OPK.
- 70-100% Dense Density: CLK.
5. Classification Based on Abrasive Shape:
- Abrasive Shape: Code.
- Sheet: Y
- Roll: J
- Disc: P
- Seamless Belt: PWBN
- Dry Grinding Cloth Belt: DBG
- Waterproof Cloth Belt: DBN
- Dry Grinding Paper Belt: DZG
- Waterproof Paper Belt: DZN
- Grinding Wheel: YL
- Shaft Mounted Sandpaper Wheel: YLHZ
- Shaft Mounted Sanding Cloth Wheel: YLHB
- Chuck Sandpaper Wheel: YLPZ
- Chuck Sanding Cloth Wheel: YLPB
- Sleeve: T
- Sleeve with Sanding Cloth: TB
- Sleeve with Sandpaper: TZ
Coated abrasives are versatile tools widely used in numerous industries for grinding, polishing, and shaping various materials. Understanding the components and classifications of coated abrasives is essential for selecting the right abrasive product for specific applications. The backing material, abrasive grains, and bonding agents together determine the performance and effectiveness of coated abrasives. Whether you need to polish large surfaces, work on intricate shapes, or repair metal strips, coated abrasives offer reliable and efficient solutions.
Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pad for Angle Grinder
Providing product information on Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pad for Angle Grinder, Kamel Abrasives is a professional manufacturer and exporter of Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pads for Angle Grinder products.