Marble block grinding and polishing with crystal surface treatment
Release Date：2023-09-11 14:06
Marble block grinding and polishing is a crucial pre-processing step in stone care for the crystal surface treatment or the final step in the processing of stone slabs. , distinguishing itself from the conventional scope of services offered by cleaning companies, which typically include marble cleaning, waxing, and polishing.
1. Fundamental Difference:
- Marble Block Grinding and Polishing for the Crystal Surface Treatment is an essential process in stone processing. It employs a combination of pressure from mechanically driven grinding discs and the chemical reactions facilitated by inorganic acids and metal oxides. This process, involving frictional heat and water, enhances the smooth surface of marble, forming a new, highly glossy crystal layer with a brilliance measuring between 90-100 degrees.
- Marble Cleaning and Polishing serve as a precursor to waxing and polishing. It was a popular maintenance measure in the 1980s and early 1990s but has lost its significance in today's market. It involves applying a thin layer of a polymer, a combination of acrylic resin and PE emulsion, on the surface of newly laid stone (polished slabs), commonly referred to as floor wax. Subsequently, a high-speed, low-pressure polishing machine, combined with fiber pads, is used to create a shinier resin coating.
2. Nature of Surface Modification:
- Marble Grinding Block Polishing involves a physical and chemical interaction between the stone surface and chemical substances. It creates a modified crystalline layer on the surface of the stone, fully integrated with the underlying layers.
- Marble Cleaning, Waxing, and Polishing results in a resin film adhering to the stone surface, devoid of any chemical reactions with the stone itself. This wax film can be easily scraped off with a blade.
- Marble Grinding Block Polishing yields a high degree of clarity and brilliance after surface care and polishing. It enhances wear resistance, making it less susceptible to scratches. This process exemplifies the functional value of the stone.
- Marble Waxing and Polishing produce lower clarity, making surfaces appear dull and blurry. It exhibits less wear resistance, is sensitive to water, and can lead to scratches, ultimately diminishing the inherent appeal of the stone.
Extending Lifetime of Stone:
- After Marble Grinding Block Polishing, the crystalline layer and its continuous care allow the stone to breathe both internally and externally, preventing deterioration. It also offers certain waterproofing and stain-resistant properties.
- In contrast, after Marble Waxing and Polishing, the pores of the stone are completely sealed, preventing it from breathing. This can lead to the eventual deterioration of the stone.
Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pad for Angle Grinder
Providing product information on Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pad for Angle Grinder, Kamel Abrasives is a professional manufacturer and exporter of Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pads for Angle Grinder products.