Causes of water-resistant sandpaper wastage during manufacturing
Release Date：2023-09-19 11:20
Sandpaper is an extremely important product used in various industries, particularly those that rely on precision smoothing and finishing.
During the production process, the quality of sandpaper can be affected due to a variety of factors. Below we discuss the causes of water-resistant sandpaper waste during manufacturing and some effective waste prevention methods.
1. Dull Surface
- Excessive adhesive application, especially in the case of double adhesion.
- Poor quality abrasive material.
- Insufficient drying time, low temperature, incomplete drying.
- Apply adhesive appropriately.
- Enhance the quality of abrasives and the content of base grains.
- Ensure proper drying temperature and duration.
2. Excessive Sand Loss
- Insufficient adhesive application, especially in the case of double adhesion.
- Inadequate drying time and excessively low temperature.
- Control the adhesive application for both base and double adhesion.
- Maintain specified drying temperature and time.
3. Brittleness (Poor Flexibility)
- Prolonged drying time and excessive drying temperature.
- Excessive use of amine-based varnish.
- Strictly control drying time and temperature.
- Prepare the adhesive according to the formula and process.
- Store semi-finished products in a well-ventilated area.
4. Insufficient Adhesive and Abrasive
- Dirty adhesive roller.
- Scratches on the adhesive surface.
- Blockage in the sand container.
- Exercise caution during operation.
- Conduct regular cleaning.
5. Adhesive Edges on the Back
- Adhesive on the breast roller.
- Misalignment of the substrate.
- Keep the breast roller clean.
- Operate with care.
6. Sand Clumps
- Adhesive clumps.
- Paper surface irregularities.
- Aggregation of abrasive material.
- Paint and impurities.
- Excessively thick base adhesive.
- Sieve the adhesive solution.
- Sieve the abrasive material.
- Ensure the paper is flat.
- Ensure the abrasive material is dry.
- Maintain the appropriate thickness of the base adhesive.
7. Coarse Grit
- Presence of coarse material in the abrasive.
- Inadequate cleaning of sanding equipment.
- Pay attention to the storage of abrasives.
- Thoroughly clean the equipment when changing grit.
- Moisture causing wrinkles in the base paper.
- Incorrect tension during production.
- Overly loose or tight winding.
- Uneven drying.
- Store the base paper in a dry and ventilated area.
- Pay attention to the tension of the substrate during production.
- Wind the sandpaper uniformly and tightly.
- Ensure even drying.
9. Faded Branding
- Wear and tear on the branding roller.
- Insufficient ink application.
- Inadequate pressure from the branding roller.
- Promptly replace the branding roller.
- Monitor the ink application carefully.
10. Adhesive Penetration
- Poor water resistance of the base paper, leading to inconsistent tension.
- Insufficient impregnation thickness.
- Improve the quality of the base paper.
- Ensure appropriate impregnation thickness.
11. Irregular Patterns
- Uneven application of abrasive.
- Inadequate pre-drying, causing severe sand loss during winding or double adhesion.
- Uneven adhesive application.
- Apply abrasive evenly and keep the spreading roller clean.
- Ensure proper pre-drying.
- Apply adhesive with uniform and moderate thickness.
By understanding these causes and implementing effective prevention methods, manufacturers can significantly reduce water-resistant sandpaper waste, resulting in higher-quality products and increased efficiency in the grinding and finishing processes.
Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pad for Angle Grinder
Providing product information on Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pad for Angle Grinder, Kamel Abrasives is a professional manufacturer and exporter of Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pads for Angle Grinder products.