Brown corundum grade classification and application
Release Date：2023-10-02 10:00
Brown corundum is derived from bauxite, carbon materials, and iron filings as its primary raw materials. It undergoes high-temperature smelting in an electric arc furnace to create abrasive powder. This type of corundum is particularly effective for grinding high-tensile metals such as general steel, malleable cast iron, and hard bronze. Additionally, it can be utilized in the production of advanced refractories. Noteworthy characteristics of brown corundum include high purity, well-defined crystallization, strong fluidity, a low coefficient of linear expansion, and excellent corrosion resistance. Extensive industrial application has demonstrated that this product does not detonate, produce powder, or crack during its application process. Notably, it offers greater cost-effectiveness compared to traditional brown corundum, positioning it as an excellent aggregate and filler for brown corundum refractories.
Grade Classification of Brown Corundum
The primary constituent of brown corundum is alumina, and its classification is based on aluminum content, wherein lower levels result in reduced hardness. Granularity adheres to both international and national production standards, with the option for customization based on user requirements. The generic granularity range spans from f4 to f320, and the chemical composition varies proportionally with granularity size. A distinct attribute is its small crystal size, which contributes to its high impact resistance. This is achieved through a meticulous self-grinding machine processing technique, resulting in predominantly spherical particles. These particles possess a dry, clean surface, facilitating seamless bonding with binders in various applications.
Applications of Brown Corundum
Brown corundum, often referred to as an industrial workhorse, finds diverse applications:
1. Advanced Refractory Materials: Utilized in the production of high-grade refractory materials, including castables and refractory bricks.
2. Sandblasting: Ideal for sandblasting due to its moderate hardness, high accumulation density, absence of free silica, and significant toughness, making it an environmentally friendly choice for sandblasting materials. Widely employed in industries such as aluminum and copper profiling, glass manufacturing, denim washing, precision molds, and more.
3. Free Grinding: Employed in fields like picture tube manufacturing, optical glass production, monocrystalline silicon processing, lens production, watch and clock glass manufacturing, as well as in the shaping of crystal glass and jade. This type of abrasive is widely used in the advanced grinding materials industry.
4. Resin Abrasives: Featuring suitable color, good hardness, toughness, and the right particle section type and edge retention degree, it is applied in resin abrasive production with highly effective results.
5. Coated Abrasives: Serves as a primary raw material for the production of abrasive products like sandpaper and abrasive cloth.
6. Functional Fillers: Mainly used in wear-resistant materials for automotive brake parts, specialized tires, and construction products such as highway pavements, airstrips, docks, parking lots, industrial flooring, sports venues, and more.
7. Filter Media: A novel application for abrasives, it employs granular abrasives as the base medium for filter beds, effectively purifying drinking water or wastewater. This represents a new type of water filtration material, particularly suitable for non-ferrous metal dressing and oil drilling mud thickening agents.
8. Hydraulic Cutting: This innovative cutting method employs abrasive materials as the cutting medium, relying on high-pressure hydraulic jets for precision cutting. It is applied in cutting oil (or natural gas) pipelines, and steel components, and represents a new, environmentally-friendly, and safe cutting approach.
Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pad for Angle Grinder
Providing product information on Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pad for Angle Grinder, Kamel Abrasives is a professional manufacturer and exporter of Wool Polishing Buffing Wheel Pads for Angle Grinder products.